Toyota Tundra is undoubtedly America’s finest pick-up truck. Though Toyota is a Japanese company, Tundra is assembled in the country.
The Toyota Tundra is out and out American made for American roads and driving conditions.
Toyota Tundra : If you thought that the Toyota Tundra is just another pick-up truck, think again. It is sturdy, stylish, and perfectly capable of withstanding any road and driving conditions. It comes in five variants.
Tundra SR: This is the base model in the Tundra category. The features include power windows and door locks. It has a 5.7L V-8 Engine and a four-wheel drive. The Tundra SR costs $32,000, has an integrated trailer brake controller, and a backup camera.
Tundra SR5: Tundra SR5 is a 6 passenger capacity vehicle with all the latest features like the 7-inch touchscreen display, six speakers, Bluetooth-enabled hands-free phone capability, USB port, and iPod connectivity. The Tundra SR5 comes with a fuel tank capacity of 38 gallons in select models.
Tundra Limited: Tundra Limited starts at $40,000 MSRP. Its features include dual-zone automatic climate control and a heated front bucket seat.
Tundra Platinum: Tundra Platinum comes under the family car segment. With six-speed auto transmission, the Platinum sports a unique grille not found in any previous model. The Tundra Platinum costs $47000 MSRP.
Tundra 1794 Edition: The 1794 Edition features a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) for additional safety and a Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) feature. This vehicle gives a mileage of 15MPG in the city and 19MPG on the highway. The 1794 Edition comes with 5.7 L V-8 engines and 381 HP which justifies the price of $47000 MSRP.
Some interesting facts
- The Tundra 1794 Edition derived its unique name from San Antonio, Texas, the ranch on which the Toyota plant was founded. Toyota Tundra has been dominating US markets for last 80 years.
- Apart from the normal features that any Toyota Vehicle has, Tundra is privileged to have some added features like towing and hauling. Tundra has a 5.7 L V8 heavy engine which is capable to tow anything over 10,000 pounds. Moreover towing and hauling can be made easy by integrating the one-touch 4/7 pin connector.
- The 38-gallon fuel tank reassures the fact that one will never be stranded midway. There is more than enough fuel capactiy for a long haul, especially suited for interstate transport assignments.
- The trailer brake output feature determines the braking required based on the weight of the trailer.
- No vehicle is complete without its brake. The Tundra excels in having powerful front brakes, with 4 piston brake calipers. At 381 hp and 401 lb. torque, Toyota Tundra is even capable to tow some of the heaviest loads, thanks to its Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-I).
So when are you getting this robust beauty?