The auto windshield or windscreen is the front window of a vehicle. It is usually a laminated, transparent, curved glass which combines two curved glass sheets, separated by a plastic layer. They are all fixed in a frame.
A windshield is one of the most basic safety parts of a vehicle. It protects passengers from obstacles like wind, dust, insects, etc. If it is damaged, you need to replace the windshield instead of repairing it. It takes less than a day to replace it. However, it is vital to find a shop that specializes in replacing windshields for automobiles.
The cost of a replacement windshield depends on the type of vehicle. It ranges from $150 to $500 approximately. Some auto insurance policies cover the cost of replacing or repairing the automobile’s windshield. However, if your insurance does not cover these costs, then you should try to find a cheap replacement for your automobile’s windshield.
To find a cheap auto windshield replacement part, people should undertake the following steps:
- Collect online quotes for repairing the windshield. Many service providers offer free online quotes, and through this service, one can easily compare the prices.
- One can also compare the prices of different auto windshield repair shops by visiting them. You can obtain different quotations as per your requirements.
- Finally, choose the shop after comparing the prices.
One can find many options for windshield replacement service in the country. These stores are spread across every location and cater to customers with different budgets. Here are the top three choices:
- Glass America is one of the most famous windshield and auto glass replacement and repair company. While the prices aren’t low, they are still competitive. They provide reliable services for all kind of vehicles. They also have same-day scheduling, along with home or workplace service without an additional cost. The best feature of this company is that they are Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM). The installers are certified, offer a lifetime warranty, and provide free service. Glass America has stores across the nation, and their service centers are in every state of the country.
- Safelite AutoGlass is a popular service provider of windshield replacement. It has been in this industry over the last 70 years. Their services are available in 50 states.
- Glass.net is another company spread over many locations in the country. It offers cheap auto windshield replacement and repair services. Many of their shops replace windshields in less than 24 hours. Also, they always use high-quality Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts.
Buyers must remember that cheap auto windshield replacement parts are not always of good quality. So, they should always check the quality of the windshield before getting a replacement.
Auto windshield glasses are of two types — OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and non-OEM glass. OEM glasses are reliable since they are high-quality parts that undergo numerous safety tests. Hence, service providers who offer OEM auto windshield glasses usually charge more than those offering non-OEM glass.